Position Title: Public Relations Junior Associate
Reporting Relationships: Reports primarily to Team Leader; secondarily to Team Members
Position Goals: Gain real-world experience working in a top 50 public relations agency as an essential account team member, supporting the team and their clients in various functions, including traditional media relations, social media, media monitoring, research projects and writing assignments. These assignments may include exposure to drafting and editing of press releases, media alerts, pitches, blog posts, social media copy, etc., supplemented by administrative and clerical support.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
1. Learn basic public relations functions and responsibilities, including ordering clips of media coverage, preparing valuation reports, drafting pitches, proofing written material, conducting web research, developing and qualifying media contact lists, and other supporting client campaign management.
2. Develop knowledge of Gregory FCA’s service offerings and clients’ businesses.
3. Conduct media outreach and participate in client communications, based on supervisor’s guidance.
4. Participate as a collaborative team player by actively listening and contributing in meetings, documenting key discussion points and action items stemming from those meetings, and providing creative insight.
5. Maintain documentation for management of client expenses.
6. Perform clerical support duties including filing, copying, and mailing for clients.
1. Ability to take ownership of assigned deliverables and multitask.
2. Accurately complete assigned tasks by deadlines and with appropriate documentation.
3. Communicate status of tasks completely, concisely and clearly; both orally and in written form.
4. Ability to perform tasks with progressively less direction and supervision and increasingly more proactivity.
5. Maintain a high level of organization, discipline and proactivity in supporting team members and team leader.
1. At least three years of college course work in communications and/or public relations
2. Organized and professional
3. Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
4. Enthusiastic, outgoing and customer-service oriented
5. Positive, upbeat and proactive attitude
6. Able to work well in a team environment
7. Previous internships in PR are a plus
8. Active social media participation (LinkedIn, Google Plus, Twitter, Facebook)
Please send us a resume and writing sample.