Our Financial Communications Group, 9th largest in the country, is looking to continue our growth. Our team consists of former journalists, ex-financial industry marketers, media relations professionals, social media professionals, as well as former corporate and agency executives. We are looking for a Junior Associate.
• College degree in communications, public relations or related field of study
• Coursework in personal finance, accounting, economics or business
• Interest and awareness of the financial news of the day
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Enthusiastic, outgoing and customer-service oriented
• Positive, upbeat and proactive attitude
• Able to work well in a team environment
• Previous internships in PR, marketing, journalism are a plus
• Active social media participation (LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter, blogging)
• Organized and professional
• Desire to work and learn in a fast-paced agency environment
• Work on a Financial PR team that deploys traditional PR and social media client campaigns with oversight provided by Team Leader and other team members.
• Execute basic public relations functions, including draft pitches, proofing written material, conducting web research, developing and qualifying media contact lists, social media, monitoring of media coverage, creating client reports and other supporting client campaign management tasks.
• Conduct media outreach and participate in client communications, based on supervisor’s guidance.
• Participate as a collaborative team player by actively listening and contributing in meetings, documenting key discussion points and action items stemming from those meetings, and providing creative insight.
• Maintain documentation for management of client expenses.
• Perform support duties including client mailings, research, media recaps, etc.
Compensation and Benefits
Junior Associate pay is $12/hour. If offered a full-time position after a 90-day trial period it will be a full-time, salaried position with full benefits.