Our Financial Communications Group, 9th largest in the country, is looking to continue our growth. Our team consists of former journalists, ex-financial industry marketers, media relations professionals, social media professionals, as well as former corporate and agency executives. We are looking for a Senior Account Executive, Financial PR.
Candidates for this role will own experience operating as an emerging manager, one who can develop and mentor staff, and can lead select accounts. The Senior Account Executive (SAE) oversees portions of multiple campaigns - from strategic direction through to the successful completion of client expectations and Scope of Work, as identified at the outset of the engagement.
The SAE needs to hold a deep understanding of the financial media, the industries in which their clients operate, as well as all tools and platforms essential to the completion of their jobs. The ideal candidate will possess some business-to-business and business-to-consumer financial services experience in the areas of banking, insurance, asset management and consulting and/or professional services.
The SAE will take active rolls in meetings, direct client calls, align tasks and deliverables,educate, train and share best practices with those who report to them. They are responsible for helping to assure ongoing client satisfaction and quality service delivery.
- 4 - 6 years of IR, financial services PR or financial journalism
- Strong knowledge of business/financial press and trade media
- A personal interest in investing, 401(k)s, ETFs, etc.
- Experience working with matrix organizations and within regulated industries
- At least 1-2 years of supervisory experience; comfortable acting as mentor and developing staff
- Public relations or other agency experience required
- Proficiency in all productivity and industry specific tools, platforms, MS Office and major social media platforms
- Team player, able to work with people
- Organized, detail-oriented and team-oriented
- Self-motivated and driven
- Mastery of communication skills
- An undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, finance, accounting, or a similar major
1. Manage and align daily activities to assure quality standards and to reach client expectations. They set the tone and pace of the day, prioritize objectives on a daily basis.
2. Monitor media, share trending news stories with the team and strategically capitalize on the news flow as well as expected news stories.
3. Conduct media outreach at a high level of impact. They save moderately difficult media assignments for themselves while delegating others to team members according to skills and abilities.
4. Actively participate in the management of the team's development of daily media outreach, as needed.
5. Build relationships with clients and serve as the "go to" for client suggestions and inquiries.
6. Write strategic press releases, blog posts, media queries, and social media posts. Meet all compliance requirements for financial services.
7. Stay current and add to personal understanding of issues, processes, terms, products, and regulations specific to the financial services industry by reading and subscribing to appropriate media, blogs, social feeds, etc. Master increasingly sophisticated issues that impact clients' business and industry, and share their knowledge with subordinates and managers, as needed.
8. Attend industry events, conferences, etc., as required. Share findings and conclusions of such events with team via meetings, in-person meetings, and appropriate social media channels.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
• Comprehensive health insurance, including dental and vision coverage
• Flexible spending account
• Life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability insurance
• Paid time off and paid holidays
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Professional development opportunities
• Employee Assistance Programs
If you'd like to be considered, send us your resume, salary history and cover letter today!