Gregory FCA, Philadelphia's largest public relations firm, is looking for a Senior Account Executive to join our growing team! We are looking for a professional with strong media relations and press release/blog writing skills, a keen understanding of social media, and a team player, with four to seven years of PR experience.
- Monitor media daily, and identify and respond to topics of interest to the team and clients. Proactively search for story opportunities and proactively place stories in the media.
- Conduct media outreach against agreed-upon strategic plan, focusing on higher value media targets. Build and maintain personal network of meaningful media relationships.
- Write press releases, blog posts, media queries, and social media posts. Align with strategic messaging of campaign, and meet compliance requirements for clients’ industries.
- Actively communicate with clients as required via email, phone, text, etc., and assume an increasingly senior role in addressing client concerns and recalibrating client expectations.
- Participate and lead client calls as specified by supervisor. Provide strategic input, analysis and feedback on client calls in addition to providing updates. Lead and support interviews with subject matter experts.
- Brief client on anticipated topics and themes of interviews and appearances. Prepare and draft talking points to be approved by supervisor.
- Monitor client blogs, social feeds, and other channels, and alert team to pending issues, plus flag any issues, inconsistencies, risks and/or opportunities that could impact strategic direction of account.
- Envision, contribute and direct the creative process for the development of content for client social channels.
- Verify media lists prepared by junior staff. Review and edit Google docs and Excel reports prepared by junior members. Manage junior staff efforts to prepare media results recaps for clients.
- Help train junior staff on in-house tools, processes, expectations, and Gregory FCA standard practices. Provide feedback to supervisor on the progress, skills, and job-readiness of junior staff.
- Utilize Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Cision, WordPress, ProfNet, HARO, Google Suite, etc. Stay current and gain proficiency on new software and social platforms that impact the practice of PR.
- Stay current and add to personal understanding of issues, processes, terms, products, and regulations specific to clients’ industries. Master increasingly sophisticated issues that impact clients’ business and industry,
- Develop, deploy and align strategic plans for client award submissions, conference appearances and speaking opportunities.
- Review and edit PR reports and submit to supervisor as required.
- Attend and participate in company and team training events.
- Attend client or industry events, conferences, etc. as required. Actively pursue any sales opportunities from these events by including Gregory FCA business development personnel.
- Contribute to Gregory FCA marketing initiatives, as requested, by attending sales meetings, contributing to social channels, and reviewing sales proposals.
- Maintain contact with superiors to update and alert to any issues or concerns; ask questions and pursue answers from team members, and become a resource for sharing within the team.
Education and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, marketing, business or a similar major
- Four to seven years of PR experience
- Financial services knowledge and/or experience is a plus
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team first attitude, ability to work with junior and senior team members
- Client service oriented
- Familiar with national media/consumer of news
- Flexible/adaptable to changing work demands and priorities
- Goal orientated
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Organized and effective multi-tasker
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience.
We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and paid holidays, life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance, among other benefits.
If you'd like to be considered, please send us a cover letter and resume.